Possible Faulty UART to USB Adapter for RPLIDAR A1M8

Dear Support Team,

I recently purchased an RPLIDAR A1M8 unit from Amazon DE, but I am experiencing issues with the device not being recognized by my computer. Here are the details of the problem:

1. Device Connection: Upon connecting the RPLIDAR A1M8 to my PC, the LIDAR unit starts spinning, indicating it is receiving power. However, the device is not recognized by the computer.
  2. Adapter LED Indicator: I noticed that the LED on the UART to USB adapter does not light up when the LIDAR is connected to the computer.
  3. Driver Installation: I have ensured that the correct drivers for the UART to USB adapter are installed on my windows 11 computer. I have also tried connecting it to a windows 10 machine and a linux machine.
  4. Power Supply: The RPLIDAR seems to be receiving power since it spins, but the data interface appears to be non-functional.
  5. Testing: I have tried using different USB ports and computers, but the issue persists. Unfortunately, I do not have another UART to USB adapter to test if the current one is defective.

Given these observations, it appears that the UART to USB adapter might be faulty. Could you please assist me in resolving this issue?

Thank you for your support and assistance. I look forward to your prompt response.