Official Release of Armbian on Youyeetoo R1 v3

Armbian Logo

Hello everyone,

After months of hard work, I’m happy to announce that the Youyeetoo R1 v3 board is now fully integrated into the Armbian ecosystem!

1. Official releases:

Logo Release Variant Extensions Kernel Version
Debian Logo Armbian Bookworm Minimal / IOT - 6.1
Ubuntu Logo Armbian Noble Desktop Gnome 6.1

2. Snapshot releases (unofficial):

These are usually built by me and include fixes that are later released in the mainline.

Logo Release Variant Extensions Kernel version
Debian Logo Armbian Trixie Standard - 6.1, 6.10, 6.11
Debian Logo Armbian Bookworm Standard - 6.1, 6.10, 6.11
Ubuntu Logo Armbian Noble Standard - 6.1, 6.10, 6.11
Ubuntu Logo Armbian Jammy Standard - 5.10
Debian Logo Armbian Bullseye Standard - 5.10
Armbian Bookworm Standard OMV 6.1

If you own one of these boards and would like to test and report issues, feel free to contact me via email at yyt@superkali.me or open an issue on GitHub Armbian or GitHub Armbian-YYT. Your feedback will help me improve the compatibility and performance of the board.

3. Frequently Asked Questions:

1. Why was only version v3 integrated and not v1?
    Unfortunately, I don’t own the v1 version, so I can’t verify that everything works as expected. In theory, Armbian should work on v1, but some features might not be fully functional.

2. How can I contribute to the development?
    You can help by testing the available versions, identifying bugs, and reporting issues using the links provided above. If you’re up for it, you can also submit pull requests, which will be reviewed and potentially merged into the mainline.

3. Is the current version considered stable?
    Yes, versions are thoroughly tested before release, and we never release a version that would render the board unusable.

4. Do you plan to integrate retrogaming systems like Batocera?
    Yes, my goal is to first fully optimize this board within Armbian and then begin development for Batocera.

For any other questions, feel free to comment below!

1 Like