Jetson Nano NVIDIA offical FAQ

Link to the original offical article.

Jetson FAQ

What is Jetson?

(Jetson FAQ | NVIDIA Developer)

NVIDIA® Jetson is the world’s leading platform for AI at the edge. It combines high-performance, low-power compute modules with the NVIDIA AI software stack. It’s the ideal platform for advanced robotics and other autonomous products.

For more information, see the NVIDIA Jetson Developer Site. For product datasheets and other technical collateral, see the Jetson Download Center.

What is JetPack?

NVIDIA JetPack SDK provides the foundation for building AI applications on Jetson. It bundles all the Jetson platform software, including TensorRT, cuDNN, CUDA Toolkit, VPI, GStreamer, and OpenCV, all built on top of Jetson Linux (L4T) with LTS Linux kernel.

See this link for information about JetPack and all the Jetson software.

What is the difference between Jetson Developer Kits and Jetson modules?

Each Jetson developer kit includes a non-production specification Jetson module attached to a reference carrier board. Together with JetPack SDK, it is used to develop and test software for your use case. Jetson developer kits are not intended for production use.

Jetson modules are suitable for deployment in a production environment throughout their operating lifetime. Each Jetson module ships with no software pre-installed; you attach it to a carrier board designed or procured for your end product, and flash it with the software image you’ve developed.

Can Jetson developer kits be used as production systems or as part of a product?

No. Jetson developer kits are not for production use. The developer kit is used to develop and test software in a pre-production environment.

Jetson modules are designed for deployment in a production environment throughout their operating lifetime.

What development systems are available from Jetson ecosystem partners?

Jetson ecosystem partners offer Jetson Development Systems which include a partner carrier board with a production Jetson module. The partner carrier boards are production quality and support a broad range of I/Os including MIPI CSI-2, GMSL, Ethernet, USB, HDMI, PCIe, and more.

What production systems are available from Jetson ecosystem partners?

Jetson ecosystem partners provide complete hardware systems built around Jetson modules for a variety of use cases. They also offer many production-ready carrier boards to help you get to market quickly.

See the complete list of these Jetson partner products.

Are all the Jetson modules compatible?

All Jetson products are supported by NVIDIA software libraries such as CUDA, cuDNN, and TensorRT for accelerated AI applications. When software developed on one Jetson product is ported to another, new capabilities such as DLA engine acceleration may become available.

Jetson modules have many signals in common, but the connector pin-out and electromechanical footprints do vary. See the Jetson module Data Sheets and Product Design Guides for details. In summary:

• Jetson AGX Orin series and Jetson AGX Xavier series modules are form-factor and pin compatible.
  • Jetson Orin NX series modules are form-factor compatible with Jetson Xavier NX series modules.
    • They are not pin-compatible, but you can design a carrier board for the I/Os in common so that both modules are supported.
  • Jetson Nano, Jetson TX2 NX, and the Jetson Xavier NX series modules are pin and form-factor compatible.
  • These Jetson TX2 series modules are form-factor and pin compatible: Jetson TX2, Jetson TX2 4GB, and Jetson TX2i.

When designing a carrier board to support more than one of the modules listed above as pin compatible, there may be some interface differences to note. See the Interface Comparison and Migration documents for details.

What are the differences between Jetson modules?

All Jetson modules run the same NVIDIA software stack, with different combinations of interfaces, mechanical size, and performance.

See the Jetson Hardware page for a comparison between all Jetson modules.

What are the key differences between Jetson AGX Xavier Industrial and Jetson AGX Xavier?

What camera modules are compatible with the Jetson platform?

Jetson has multiple interfaces for connecting a camera. That includes USB, Ethernet, and MIPI CSI-2.

Jetson ecosystem partners provide camera modules to connect through available Jetson interfaces. These partners supply drivers and support for operation with the Jetpack SDK.

See the list of Jetson partner-supported cameras for a broad portfolio of cameras including SerDes-based solutions like GMSL and FPD-LINK for longer cable lengths.

How long will each Jetson product be available for purchase?

](Jetson FAQ | NVIDIA Developer)

See the Lifecycle page on the Jetson Developer Zone.

How can I get support for my Jetson Developer Kit or module?

See this link for available support.

What is the warranty for Jetson products?

Product Warranty
Jetson Developer Kits 1 Year Warranty
Jetson modules
Tegra SoCs 3 Year Warranty ††

Jetson developer kits are warranted for development use only.
†† Unless otherwise specified.

What is the operating lifetime for Jetson products?

What if I need an RMA (Return Material Authorization)?

If you believe that your Jetson product is defective, please contact the NVIDIA Customer Care team. We will help you troubleshoot your issue and process a replacement if it is found to be defective.

1. Go to this link.
  2. Select “Live Chat” option to chat online with one of our customer care agents.
  3. Enter your contact information.
  4. Select the “Jetson” from the product drop-down list.
  5. Submit the request.

What are the Part Numbers for Jetson products?

Jetson Modules and SoCs

Jetson AGX Xavier 64GB
SKU Regions
900-82888-0050-000 US, CA, MX, BR, UK, EU, RS, UA, IL, IN, CN, MY, VN, SG, HK, AU, PH, TW, JP, KR, NZ
Jetson AGX Xavier
SKU Regions
900-82888-0040-000

900-82888-0000-000*|US, CA, MX, BR, UK, EU, RS, UA, IL, IN, CN, MY, VN, SG, HK, AU, PH, TW, JP, KR, NZ|

Jetson AGX Xavier Industrial
SKU Regions
900-82888-0080-000 US, CA, MX, BR, UK, EU, RS, UA, IL, IN, CN, MY, VN, SG, HK, AU, PH, TW, JP, KR, NZ
Jetson Xavier NX 16GB
SKU Regions
900-83668-0030-000 US, CA, MX, BR, UK, EU, RS, UA, IL, IN, CN, MY, VN, SG, HK, AU, PH, TW, JP, KR, NZ
Jetson Xavier NX
SKU Regions
900-83668-0000-000 US, CA, MX, BR, UK, EU, RS, UA, IL, IN, CN, MY, VN, SG, HK, AU, PH, TW, JP, KR, NZ
Jetson TX2 NX
SKU Regions
900-13636-0010-000 US, CA, MX, BR, UK, EU, RS, UA, IL, IN, CN, MY, VN, SG, HK, AU, PH, TW, JP, KR, NZ
Jetson TX2
SKU Regions
900-83310-0001-000 US, CA, UK, EU, CN, SG, HK, AU, TW, JP, KR, NZ
900-83310-A301-000 IL
900-83310-A401-000 IN
Jetson TX2 4GB
SKU Regions
900-83489-0080-000 US, CA, MX, BR, UK, EU, RS, UA, IL, IN, CN, MY, VN, SG, HK, AU, PH, TW, JP, KR, NZ
Jetson TX2i
SKU Regions
900-83489-0000-000 US, CA, MX, BR, UK, EU, RS, UA, IL, IN, CN, MY, VN, SG, HK, AU, PH, TW, JP, KR, NZ
Jetson Nano
SKU Regions
900-13448-0020-000 US, CA, MX, BR, UK, EU, RS, UA, IL, IN, CN, MY, VN, SG, HK, AU, PH, TW, JP, KR, NZ
Tegra K1 (SoC)

SKU
CD575M-A1
CD575M-C-A1

Tegra K1 Industrial (SoC)

SKU
CD575MI-A1
CD575MI-C-A1

***** 900-82888-0040-000 (with 32 GB memory) replaces previous version 900-82888-0000-000 (with 16 GB memory)